Find out about our ‘lazy eye’ treatment.
Amblyopia (or “lazy eye”) treatment for children. Have you noticed your child has a lazy eye? If caught early – before your child is eight or nine years old – we can completely eradicate the problem and ultimately provide 20/20 vision. If not, it can lead to legal blindness in the weak eye.
What causes Amblyopia?
There are two common reason for lazy eye.
- Misalignment of the eye at birth.
- A significant difference in the vision between the two eyes.
What are the symptoms of Amblyopia?
- Squinting while reading.
- Completely closing one eye to see properly.
Treatments for Amblyopia
There are many way to treat and ultimately cure Amblyopia.
- We normally begin with visual therapy by putting a patch over the stronger eye to force the weaker eye to work harder.
- Atropine therapy. These are eye drops we put in the stronger eye. One drop per day to blur the vision in the dominant eye to force the weaker eye to see better.
- If the lazy eye is turned too far, surgery is the only option. We surgically correct the muscle problem in the weak eye.
Lazy eye will not go away by itself.
If you do nothing, your child may have a lifetime of visual problems and poor depth perception. Of course the major fear is that a disease or injury occurs in your child’s strong eye. Don’t waste any time. Schedule an appointment with us as soon as possible so we can begin correcting this issue.
Call Henderson Eye Care NOW!
Give us a call for your free consultation on the way to perfect vision. With our team you can feel completely safe and secure with all your visual needs. We understand there are many places you could choose to buy glasses or contact lenses for yourself and your family but we also know that once you meet our staff, you'll never step foot in another optometrist's office again. Henderson Eye Care wants to be sure the windows to your soul are 20/20.